[thechat] networking fun and a stupid question

Joel Canfield Joel at spinhead.com
Sun Mar 10 01:23:00 CST 2002

>I don't have an available slot in the back of the 3rd computer
>to drop in the network card (they're all used up).

Laplink can be used via serial, parallel, or USB cable (all of which come
with the software) to connect two machines. I don't know how it would work
to have the middle machine connected via ethernet to one neighbor, and via
Laplink to the other (re: passthru traffic and real networking, etc.)

Watcha got in the NIC-less machine? I'll bet we could come up with a way to
combine stuff and free up a slot, or, worst case (hah! that's a pun, buy you
don't know it yet) you could buy a new case and power supply compatible with
the existing motherboard, etc., only with more slots available. (Yes
Shirley, I just make this stuff up. But we both had fun, and no one was
hurt, right?)

joel