[thechat] networking fun and a stupid question

Lachlan Cannon tiedefenderdelta6 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 10 06:33:00 CST 2002

--- Tony Crockford <tonyc at boldfish.co.uk> wrote:
> AnalogX proxy installs, runs and internet shares just as
> soon as you
> set the use proxy server in your browser.
>
> Windows internet sharing was very hit and miss for me,
> trying to get
> win95, win98SE and win2000 boxes sharing one connection
> using
> Windows Internet Sharing was a struggle to say the least.
> (I gave
> up!)

Yeah it's probably a lot easier to get up and running - if
only I'd heard of it before I spent that time getting
internet sharing running. In the future I'll keep this
program in mind, especially sicne I can't even remember how
I did get internet sharing to work (it certainly wasn't
using their stupid program they tell you to write to a
diskette and it will make it work)

Lach