[thechat] Exciting news (for me anyway)... and site check (mo re or less)

deke web at master.gen.in.us
Mon Mar 11 10:55:01 CST 2002

On 11 Mar 2002 at 7:16, Joel Canfield posted a message which said:

> Understandably. You and your wife do nice work. (one little suggestion:
> it's tough to find mum and dad's names; is Alice ashamed of you?)

I didn't think it was all that tough to find. And the site is all about
Alice, after all.

I was just trying to figure out that 103 hours business. Add 4 days, 7
hours and 32 minutes to April 7, 8.11 PM, and it appears that the
pictures were taken tomorrow morning at 3:43 AM. I know Oz is a bit
ahead of us in terms of time zones, but that's 16 hours ahead for me,
here on the right coast of the USA. The pictures must be hot off the
presses!

I'm all envy here. Well, until the newness wakes off and twenty or
thirty years of sleeplessness would start taking its toll. It's a good
thing people have babies when they are young, because it would *kill*
guys in their 40s like me....

deke

*Any great truth can -- and eventually will -- be expressed as a cliche
-- a cliche is a sure and certain way to dilute an idea. For instance,
my grandmother used to say, "The black cat is always the last one off
the fence." I have no idea what she meant, but at one time, it was
undoubtedly true. --
                       Solomon Short