[thechat] microsoft rant (part 3)

Nicole Parrot nicole at parrot.ca
Sat Mar 16 16:48:01 CST 2002

> Need M$ Office... they've got it. Need a great text editor... got it.
Need
> Mozilla, Opera, Netscape, IE?  Got it. If it's easier to use, why bash it.
> Some people would rather spend their time working _with_ their computers,
> than working _on_ their computers.

Well, "easier to use" is often a question of what you're used to.
Each time I use a MAC, regardless of the software version on it, I get to
crash it within 5 minutes. I'm not kidding.
My last job, I had to write my performance review on a software that was
purely MAC. I pleaded if I could hand it in some other format but it was
refused. I obediently sat in front of the MAC, and managed to freeze the
whole MAC network . 5 minutes. tops.

There's just something about the MAC interface that doesn't speak to me.  We
now have OSX at home (yeah, I crash it too, but a bit less frequently).

Nicole