[thechat] microsoft rant (part 2)

Eike Pierstorff eike.p at t-online.de
Sat Mar 16 17:38:00 CST 2002

<snip>
> fucking microsoft
>
> okay, now i know a little, and i also know that a little bit
> of knowledge is
> a dangerous thing, but this time i bring up the Run box and type in
> "command"
>
> now the little black window doesn't die, right?  heh
>
> <RANT>
> how is the **average** person supposed to know what "At a
> command prompt"
> means???? and how long is it supposed to take them to figure it out?
> </RANT>
</snip>

I know what you feel like. Currently I'm trying to figure out what
"IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" is supposed to mean. It's what my Computer
(Win2k) tells me twice a day, below a memory adress, on top of a blue
screen. And I know about command prompts, drivers and the
Windows-Update-Site.

MS recommends to apply all patches to your Operating System. MS
recommends not to use software without software certification. If you
run a german version of Win2k the two are mutually exclusive. German
Windows updates are issued without certification, so Windows shows an
alert box with a warning. This warning tells you only to install "safe"
software, preferably provided by the Windows Update Site. If you visit
the Windows Update Site....

Written Documentation is awfully expensive. Free Documentation (MS
knowledge base) is all english, a language I'm not really familiar with.
I understand most of the answers, but in most cases I'm not sure what I
should ask.

> fucking microsoft

I quite like Windows, but: yes.

-- eike