[thechat] good, no-spyware replacement for Napster?

Plunkett, Matt MPlunkett at MSA.com
Mon Mar 18 15:04:01 CST 2002

I don't know much about Napster clones, but you might consider getting
ZoneAlarm.  It's a kind of reverse firewall that lets you control which
services on your machine can make connections to the web.  It blocks
incoming traffic also, of course.  And it's free for home use.

zonealarm.com

There's another program called Ad-aware that will remove spyware from your
machine.  It wrecked my 98 box for awhile though, so be careful.  Several of
my friends had more positive experiences.  It's at least useful to show you
the ridiculous amount of spyware that could be on your boxes.

http://www.lsfileserv.com/index.html <http://www.lsfileserv.com/index.html>

Running these programs can be an illuminating experience.

Matt