[thechat] 2002 NBL Awards - my brother is a finalist!

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Mon Mar 25 20:14:01 CST 2002

> As opposed to the _other_ professional Basketball leagues?
> Besides Australia, Europe and the NBA, are there any?

Sorry, I should've clarified that the NBL is considered on- (or almost on-)
par with the top European league. There are also divisions below that.

Also in South America.

And, some Asian leagues are starting up (with massive television audiences).
Oscar will be playing a tournament in China this August -- third tour of
China he's done in 2 years.

I've heard plans of an international league with teams from various
continents too.

> Hey if he's now playing pro, does that
> exclude him from ever playing NCAA Bball?

Yes. He can, however, still play in Europe as a naturalised player (our
mother is Italian-born).

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au