[thechat] Outlook 2002 (XP) and Rules

Kath Kath at cyber-kat.com
Sat Mar 30 08:40:00 CST 2002

At 12:42 PM 3/29/02 -0800, you wrote:
>I use Outlook 2002's rules wizard to sort all of my list mail, and throw
>away the junk mail. It seems that it takes some time for the wizard to
>warm up and start working properly after I launch Outlook. I'll end up
>with about 30 messages in my inbox before it sorts things properly into
>my subfolders.

I don't know about the 2002 version, but the 2000 version does the same
wacky things.  It will work great, then it decides to change the rules all
by itself.

I have a rule for my Evolt mail and a rule for junk mail.  It was working
fine for awhile, then all of a sudden Outlook decided that the Evolt mail
fit in with the junk mail rule (it didn't <g>), so it put all the Evolt
mail into the junk mail folder.  I tweaked both rules until I could tweak
no more and finally dumped the junk mail rule <g>

I found it a lot easier to pick out the spam among the good stuff than it
was to retrieve the Evolt mail out from the trash bin - it gets all slimy
from being mingled with the yuck - can't have that <g>

This past week I set up a rule to sort responses to a form I sent out to
all the employees of my company.  It also worked fine for a couple of days,
then Outlook decided that all the Evoltees were responding to my form and
put all the Evolt mail (and some other mail as well) into my Form Response
folder - dumb, dumb, dumb.

If it works fine for days or weeks - why would it suddenly change the rules
in mid-stream.  Makes no sense.

I use an old version of Eudora Pro (3.0 <g>) at home.  I've got it
filtering all sorts of mail - much more than I get at work.  Works like a
charm.  Never gives me grief!

Sorry I couldn't help solve the problem, but sometimes a little
commiseration helps too <g>

Kath ...
Me --> www.cyber-kat.com
work --> www.winebow.com