[thechat] Outlook 2002 (XP) and Rules

Beau Hartshorne beau at members.evolt.org
Sat Mar 30 15:55:00 CST 2002

> I've used "The Rules" in Outlook since they came out (currently using
2K)
> and have never had this problem nor heard of it from others. So, lets
> cover
> the usual bases...

I think this bug was introduced with Outlook 2002. The rules work after
Outlook "warms up", and if I go to the rules wizard, and run the rules
on the unread messages in my inbox, they get sorted properly.

Yes, via http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and
http://officeupdate.microsoft.com.

> 2) Do you have the rules properly configured so that they get applied
when
> mail arrives?

Yes.

> 4) You can always do a "Run Now" to apply the rules to any mail that
> somehow
> slipped by, if this doesn't correctly place the mail in the correct
> places,
> your rules are most likely not configured correctly.

I do this already. I've put up with it for a few months, but it started
to get frustrating the other day.

I am more interested in getting Microsoft's attention than anything
else.

Thanks,

Beau