[thechat] Astigmata

David McCreath mccreath at ak.net
Thu Apr 4 14:02:01 CST 2002

Hey, Spotless (I always read your username as "Damn Clean", which makes
me think you must bathe a lot) --

I've got a slight astimgatism, too. Don't feel too astigmatized. ;p

I have both contacts and glasses, and my vision hasn't changed markedly
for several years. Both my regular glasses and prescription sunglasses
are over 5 years old, even though I get my eyes checked every year.

I wear normal, extended wear contacts and they do take into account the
astigmatism (it's very slight, as opposed to Judah's).

I've worn glasses since I was twelve or thirteen. I was the last person
in my family to get them, and I still have the best vision of all of us
(which isn't really saying much). But when I was little, I always felt
left out, so I would sit really close to the TV, trying to force my eyes
to go wonky so I could finally be allowed to get glasses. Stupid kids. :)