[thechat] Astigmata

Tamara Abbey abbey at abbeyink.com
Thu Apr 4 17:31:00 CST 2002

At 12:39 PM 4/4/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>Hey guys,
>
>I went for my first appointment ever with an Optometrist today.  Apparently
>I have astigmatism... (not to be confused with stigmata ;-)  My prescription
>is +025 +075 90... does anyone know what this means or can point me in the
>direction of a good vision web site that will tell me all about it?
>
>Does anyone else have astigmatism or Computer Vision Syndrome?  Any
>comments?

I have astigmatism and it has something to do with depth perception I
think. It's never really bothered me. About the only times it bugs me is
with certain patterns, like some herringbones and some wallpapers -- if I
look closely they sort of move -- weird. I lived in a house once where I
couldn't look at the walls for 2 years -- if I did, it was like the pattern
was moving up the walls. Gave me a headache.