[thechat] Patti does Prince

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Thu Apr 4 17:52:00 CST 2002

David McCreath wrote:

> Which of course is another fabulous cover of a Prince song by an
> unlikely candidate (Tom Jones, who recorded his first version of the
> cover with Art of Noise).

Other great prince covers:

Apparently in the late 80's Elvis Costello was covering Sign'O'The Times
in live concerts.

Nothing Compares 2 U was Sinead meets Prince.

The Future (originally from the Batman soundtrack) there's a David Byrne
cover of.

As to Tom Jones, his cover of Burning Down the House (by one of my fave
groups, Talking Heads) is both appalling and oddly interesting.

	- Joe