[thechat] Astigmata

Tara Cleveland tara at taracleveland.com
Thu Apr 4 18:21:01 CST 2002

Hey all,

About a year ago, I went to get my eyes checked again. I had to pay for it
because it was less than the 2 year wait prescribed by the Ontario
government. My eyes were so bad I was having trouble seeing the stuff on TV
again, and it turned out that I was one point down in one eye and one and a
half in the other. My eyes are still rapidly getting worse (I started
wearing glasses at age 10). My optometrist said if I continued at this rate
I'd be legally blind by the next time I came in (in 2 years). Still I'm not
sure if I could distinguish 3 fingers at 10 feet even now... I can at 5
feet... I've had my friends do the whole "wow! your eyes are so bad" after
they try my glasses on... then they don't give my glasses back until they go
through the whole "how many fingers am I holding up?" routine.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to go back to the eye doctor again soon,
cause I'm having trouble reading stuff on TV again :(

Anyway, after all that I've got you all beat so far... I'm -8 in one eye and
-7.5 in the other.

Hoping I don't go blind this year... (26 is too young - I can't wait for
bi-focals! (insert pathetic sad laugh here))

Regards,
Tara

--
Tara Cleveland