[thechat] Astigmata

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Thu Apr 4 19:14:00 CST 2002

On Fri, 2002-04-05 at 13:01, Tara Cleveland wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> Thanks for the encouragement. I'm not sure about the laser eye surgery
> though. It hasn't been around for that long. I wonder if there will be side
> effects as people age (like 80, 90 years old). I've heard some pretty
> horrific stories about people coming out of it worse off (mostly blind) -
> but maybe that was just stories.

I think they've come a long way since then -- if we had the ready she'd
be in for an opp like a shot. A few of her friends have had it done.
Apart from the cost they're all very happy and sighted. Sigh...

I guess it's like most everything else, it depends on who is doing the
surgery, and how good their equipment is.

Can't imagine what an awful thing it is not to be able to see. Can you
see enough of an outline of those friends to slap them while they have
your glasses?

best,
Andrew