[thechat] Patti does Prince

David Wagner dave at worlddomination.net
Fri Apr 5 03:45:00 CST 2002

Joe Crawford wrote:

> Other great prince covers:

I guess there are plenty of people in the world who have covered "When
Doves Cry" besides Patti, but Ani DiFranco's version is truly incredible.

Prince is so fascinating that way. I've never actually owned any of his
albums, nor do I choose to listen to him -- but as a songwriter, he's
got most of the world beat (even with fewer letters N his lyrics).

(Not a cover, but an interesting side-note: Pigeonhed, a now defunct Sub
Pop electronic-funk-soul duo, made some music heavily influenced by
Prince, and sampled his songs into theirs on occasion. Prince fans
should give 'em a listen.)

--

David Wagner
dave at worlddomination.net