[thechat] Bush talking out of his ass again...

deke web at master.gen.in.us
Fri Apr 5 07:45:00 CST 2002

On 4 Apr 2002 at 17:05, Judah McAuley posted a message which said:

> And when, exactly, is the U.S. going to stop its "storms of violence"?
> It seems to me like its a difficult task to try and mix duplicity and
> ignorance and turn it into moral authority.

Nah, it's rather easy. Even politicians can do it.

What would be difficult is answering, "If you *really* believe in
democracy, and democracy is letting people rule themselves, why does
the US insist that foreign countries do what the US wants, instead of
what *they* want?  Why doesn't the US 'eat what it kills' by offering
statehood to conquered nations? And why do we constantly keep
centralizing power in Washington, instead of reserving non-itemized
powers to the states, respectively, and to the people, as the US
Constitution says? Isn't upholding the Constitution part of an oath
that federal office holders must take?"

But halfway through the first question, everyone would tune in to "Fear
Factor", so there's not much point in anyone asking.

deke

*Any great truth can -- and eventually will -- be expressed as a cliche
-- a cliche is a sure and certain way to dilute an idea. For instance,
my grandmother used to say, "The black cat is always the last one off
the fence." I have no idea what she meant, but at one time, it was
undoubtedly true. --
                       Solomon Short