[thechat] I killed elvis - but ringo lives!

Tamara Abbey abbey at abbeyink.com
Fri Apr 5 16:29:01 CST 2002

At 09:53 AM 3/30/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>My first machine, poor old elvis, had major problems with its primary
>master hard drive.
>
>So, thinking I could do this -- I removed the bad hard drive, moved the
>plastic tab on the back of the slave drive, plugged it all in and --
>
>nothing
>
>No hard drive detected at all.

Just as a follow-up -- I never could get the hard drive detected on elvis,
so I opened up ringo -- the other old, dead machine -- pulled the hard
drive, put the 2nd drive from elvis in there, did the fdisk and the format
c: /s and it is now running Reader Rabbit for one very happy munchkin.

Someday I may take another run at a linux server here, but I'm not too fond
of elvis right now -- doggone, no good, rotten machines anyway (as she
happily types on angus, the 1.4 mhz machine).