[thechat] Things are looking up

Marlene Bruce marlene at digitizethis.com
Fri Apr 5 17:19:04 CST 2002

Martin,

>I saw that on your journal today - nice going!

Tank-oo!

>Sounds like you had fun at ChevronTexaco too - maybe
>us management consultants aren't the devil after all *grin*

Yeah, the CGE&Y people were great to work with. When you have your
business processes down (RUP in their case as you probably saw) it
sure makes development a lot smoother. I'm sure it has its down-sides
like anything, but good management & process shouldn't be so damn
hard to find ... and yet it is!

>tw is that a manual mirror, or is it done programmatically?
>(asking because I want to mirror my staging server (Zope, content
>managed) up to my production box (static HTML with a few CGIs
>for run-time fun))

Alas, it's a manual mirror of *just* the current journal page. The
rest of the site resides at digitizethis.com.

Joe,

>And <geek-drool>it's Google!</geek-drool>
>
>Knock 'em dead!

Thanks! I feel the same way about it being Google. It would *so* rock.

Rudy-tootie,

>didn't i tell you they had great jobs over there?

Yeah, the problem's been that other people have had 'em!

Thanks guys!
Marlene