[thechat] Mac sound editing (for web, etc)

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Fri Apr 5 19:00:01 CST 2002

>| On 2002/04/04, Erika Meyer said:
>
>  > I'm just told Macromedia is ditching SoundEdit 16(?)
>  >
>  > Can someone help me?
>  >
>  > 1. if you have a Mac, and you want to edit sound (not movies)
>  > with some sophistication + simple interface, what software do you like
>to use?
>
>Peak LE
>
>Just gone Mac OS X.
>
><http://www.bias-inc.com/>
>
>HTH
>
>Andy W

Okay, thanks... I have the Peak3 LE trial version..

Dang, is this the best thing, really?  Sassin frassin Mac soft ware...
Damn, if I wanted to feels STOOPID I'd be using WINDOZ!

okay, MP3 is grayed out.  wassup with that?  Can't convert to
quicktime... the program is always crashing.

Tool tips are not working, so who knows how to used the danged toolbar....

All I want to do right now is chop up an MP3 and that looks like it
will take me hours to figure anything out.

I have never done sound editing before... but I've seen PC freeware
demo'ed that looked way simpler than this. This is the best there is?
Really?

damn.

Okay, so how do I get it to recognize & work in MP3 format?
(I can't believe I work with computers I'm so impatient.)

Erika