[thechat] Classics of the web!

Quackamoe quackamoe at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 16 20:25:00 CDT 2002

--- Judah McAuley <judah at wiredotter.com> wrote:

> 1) The exploding whale movie

My all-time favorite! Number 2 favorite, George
Goble's
video of using LOX to light the barby.

". . . lighting of the grill with 3 gallons of liquid
oxygen. Started with 60 lbs of charcoal, and burnt up
40 lbs of it in 3 seconds. Result is a grill ready to
cook in about 3 seconds, and all the old grease, etc
burned off. Don't try this at home."

http://ghg.ecn.purdue.edu/~ghg/

Terry

BTW, Yosemite was incredible. Of course, when I got
home and fired up the PC, Paint Shop couldn't find the
scanner, so I went to my room and read a book by
George R. R. Martin. My son has since gotten the
scanner back in action and I'll scanning some photos
soon. I'm also rather disappointed with the results
from the disposable cameras and will be buying a
digital camera with part of my tax refund. But that's
another thread.