[thechat] ATA drives for Mac?

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Wed Apr 17 05:21:00 CDT 2002

On Wednesday, April 17, 2002, at 02:19  am, dave mclean wrote:

> http://www.sonnettech.com/product/tempo.html

aha, thanks.

> I have some Maxtor drives.  Same thing as Quantum.  Like Bob said, I'd
> stay
> away from WD and Fujitsu... based on anecdotal experience.

Seagate Barracuda 60GB 7200RPM for about 70 quid as long as you
don't buy them from a Mac reseller.

> If I were you though, I'd just buy a TiBook.

Replacing this machine is on the cards for later in the year - need to
pursuade Lucy 1st tho...

I also note that I can get Photoshop 7 upgrade pricing from my
Photoshop 4! Woohoo! Although I'll have to lose my Intellihance
plugin :-(

Cheers
Martin
   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,