[thechat] IRC : Getting yourself nick'd

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Mon Apr 22 13:14:02 CDT 2002

Hi all,

I would've posted this to thelist, but I'm a little short on tips at the
moment and this is kinda off-topic. I figured thechat and forum will
catch most of the people this is aimed at.

My primer for #evolt has now been published
(http://evolt.org/evolt_irc_primer/ ) and as some of you may remember
when this was coming together we were going to have a section about the
people that you might meet in the channel.

Well after thinking about it for a while and the hassles of sorting out
linking to bios etc I had a small[1] brainwave. Why not use the
comments.feature of the CMS to take care of it.

People can write what they want about themselves (without me
running the risk of being insulting *:), and, as they'll be logged in,
the link to their evolt.org persona will be taken care of (how clever do
I feel).

So, if you're a regular in the channel, a lurker, or just want to give
people some forewarning about your embarrasing typing habits (hi Morb),
go and drop a little note on the end of the article.

G.

[1] For 'small' insert diminishing values of tiny.