[thechat] helping each other find jobs

Seb Potter seb at members.evolt.org
Mon Apr 22 23:00:00 CDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-04-23 at 04:13, Marlene Bruce wrote:
> >what with seb getting severed today, and miriam moaning about her rut, i'm
> >wondering if we shouldn't do more to keep an eye out for each other
>
> Seb, bummer!

( PS. Erm, you wanna be careful with your choice of words there Rude.
Rut is a fairly adult verb in some parts of the world. :P )

Yeah. Rudy spoiled the surprise, but I got made redundant today.

Actually, it's not that bad a deal, as I've spent 2.5 years riding the
train for 6 hours every day, on top of 8 - 10 hour days, which has just
about done me in.

I like the suggestion of keeping an eye out for each other. For example,
I do know that the US office of the company I used to work for is
hiring, and they're down in Redwood Shores (San Mateo, CA way). So,
Marlene, in the spirit of keeping an eye out for ya, stay as far away
from these cowboys as you can. ;)

Seriously, though. I hold no grudge against my ex-employer, I just find
it amusing that the company is going into the ground so quick. (See
below.)

> >most of them are in california, it appears (what's a razorfish?)
>
> Ha.

Razorfish: noun - An internet company in the late 1990s, famed for
burning through vast amounts of investment capital without producing
anything to realise a return on the investment.

Razorfish: verb - To start a business, attracting huge amounts of
capital and media hype, employing hundreds of people, and then to
disappear without trace before the frenzy subsides. Usage - "Did you
hear about the company the Seb used to work for?", "Yeah, I hear they
did a real Razorfish."

> thechat mailing list - Gonads and Strife and IPA.

IPA ? The Irish Publican's Army ?

Seb.