[thechat] I know, I keep sending these...

Chris Spruck sprocket at members.evolt.org
Fri Apr 26 00:59:00 CDT 2002

At 10:35 PM 4/25/02 -0600, dave mclean wrote:

>But this one really hits home for me.
>
>-d

<snip of text block describing how Americans can be complete idiots>

Dave,

Lately it's become quite embarassing (moreso than usual) and infuriating,
at least to me, to be an American when it comes to Canadian relations (or
any number of other relations for that matter). I have serious issues with
Bush, and particularly with the way he handled the tragic loss of your
countrymen. For what it's worth, I have quite a few Canadian friends and
enjoyed all the Atlantic provinces tremendously on a 5-week, find-myself,
hiking and sightseeing trip a few years ago, and I wouldn't trade either
for anything. I'm one of the few hockey fans I know and I think the Kids in
the Hall were hilarious, if that helps any. :-) Seriously though, it does
bother me that we're lousy neighbors at times, especially when Canadians
seem to just shrug it off and move on.

Here's hoping you all don't think we're *all* jerks down here -
unfortunately, we have enough jerks to cover for those who aren't. Hope my
little dose of respect means at least a tiny bit.

Chris
(spending next weekend in Toronto - wooohooo!)