[thechat] Canadian Culture Test

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sat Apr 27 13:15:05 CDT 2002

On Saturday, April 27, 2002, at 06:52  pm, Marlene Bruce wrote:

> Zompist has finally released the Canadian version of "How to tell if
> you're..."
>
> http://www.zompist.com/canada.html

Replace 'Canada' with 'Scotland' and 'US' with 'England' and you're 50%
of the way to the Scottish version.

Although I have to take issue with this:
"You still identify somewhat with England or France."
All the English emigrants went to the US. I would guess that there's
more Canadian linkage with Scotland (eh, Dave?)

and this:
"You don't speak a langauge other than those two, unless you're a Native
or an immigrant."
...or live in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia which contains the largest
community of speakers of Scots Gaelic anywhere.

Cheers
Martin
   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,