[thechat] Stage patter...

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Sat Apr 27 14:34:00 CDT 2002

Joe Crawford wrote:
> I love Stew of the Negro Problem.

That's really funny that you mention him.  I just saw him a week ago
Thursday opening for Dan Bern.  It was just Stew and his
guitarist/keyboardist.  He writes some of the best pop music I've ever
heard.  Just great stuff.  I had never heard of him before but will
definitely be picking up his music.  Horribly catchy lyrics that are
both insightful and amusing.  He did a great song about a friend who
kept going into rehab.  And every time she came out she would sing "I'm
very, very, very, very, very, very, very optimistic."  Cute pop songs
about addictive personalities.

Check them out if you can: http://www.stewsongs.com/

Judah
"And the naked Dutch painter does not want to sleep with you."