[thechat] Tangent with a Curve

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri May 3 16:13:00 CDT 2002

> From: "Syed Zeeshan Haider" <szh at hotpop.com>
>
> Hello Everybody,
> In mathematics and physics, we encounter many types of curves and
> tangents. It is difficult for me to understand that how can I draw a
> tangent with a point on a curve by hand? Can somebody help me in this
> matter? Thank you, Syed Zeeshan Haider.

just what are you building?

anyway, you don't do it by hand... if you're a drafting monkey (and i
used to be a damn fine one), you get yourself a french curve and a
triangle -- at the very least... t-square should be a requirement, but
if you're just playing...

anyway, get some drafting gear, then you'll be able to do whatever
you want (asymptotic curves, realistic perspective, whatever)...

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself