[thechat] Can somebody Guess this Song?

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at hotpop.com
Tue May 7 21:56:01 CDT 2002

Hi Erika,
Thank you for the complements!
I am from Pakistan. Here in Pakistan (and other Asian countries also)
West means Europe and North America, and things related to or belonging
to these two parts of world are simply Western. In short, here western
points to Europe and North America.

I am not a very old listener of western (I mean European and north
American) music. What criteria do you use to set a genre for a song, I
don't know very clearly. But I would relate that song to Pop or Dance
genre.

It was fast but slower than Michael Jackson's "Earth Song".

The song was light and pretty.

>Syed, you have never heard "Hey Jude"?
>It's a Beatles song.  It's a beautiful song.

No, I have never heard "Hey Jude".

>What kind of music do you like?

genre can be good or bad. I like good music and genre doesn't matter but
song and it's melody matters. Let me introduce you a genre popular among
moderate religious people of Pakistan. That genre is Qawwali. Qawwali is
a song related to religion and it was invented by Ameer Khusro. We had
two prominent names in Qawwali singers, Aziz Mian and Nusrat Fateh Ali
Khan. Unfortunately, both are dead. Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan experimented
in Pop and Classical (of Pakistan) also and became popular in Europe and
Far East countries also. Qawwali is my favourite as genre.

Thank you,
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/