[thechat] Can somebody Guess this Song?

ashok at magicalkenya.com ashok at magicalkenya.com
Wed May 8 06:49:00 CDT 2002

Just my 10 bucks worth here :
One very accessible fusion album of nusrat  fateh ali khan is the one he
did with eddie vedder (of pearl jam ) , the 'music score' for the movie
'dead man walking' (this is not the soundtrack of the movie),
if you are a techno-head yu should get hold of Badmarsh & Shri (this is not
nusrat fateh ali khan , though there is a bit of techno-ised qawali here &
there...)

Syed, here I'm not kiddind: i _love_ the internet exactly for the kind of
post you just emailed here. We abolish frontiers with the internet and
communicate and learn so much more than simple web dev things.

Thank you for enlightening us in Qawwali music.

Do you know where one could find one or two mp3s just to learn how it
sounds? (we westerners are, I'm afraid, mostly listening to western pop
mostly).