[thechat] Big stupid plea.

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Wed May 8 15:08:00 CDT 2002

One last thought:

Listen to her.
________

If she has issues with your way of life (as opposed to you as a
person) listen and try to figure out if you can work it out with her.

I'm in a situation right now, very much love this person in my life,
but I need him to work on some of his issues in order for the
relationship to be healthy.

Because this is a difficult change for him, he tries everything BUT
making the change I need.  (In my case, I'm asking him to become a
healthier person... the change is not easy, but will be better for
everyone if he can do it.)

So he does crazy stuff to win my love... which is lovely, but that's
not what I need nor what I asked for.  He's avoiding the heart of the
issue.

I do feel for you men.  Men get programmed one way (work, make a
living, be strong, career advancement, etc) and they think that the
rest will follow.  But then their woman isn't happy and their
wondering what's going on?

I don't know about others, but I like time.  Love.  Affection.
Passion. Interest in *me* and my pursuits.  And last but NOT least: a
guy who does housework and child care... not when he feels like it,
but when it needs to be done!

Again... I'm 34 years old.  I know what I want (sort of).

Your wife is younger and may still be growing into herself.  It
sounds like that is very possible.

Erika