And now pianos, too (was RE: Geetars (was: RE: [thechat] Big stup id plea... Kenya))

JCanfield at magisnetworks.com JCanfield at magisnetworks.com
Fri May 10 16:00:01 CDT 2002

<http://www.mguitar.com/MartinGuitar/StandardOutput.asp?RECORDID=89>

> What's the value on these things? If they're older like this and they've
aged wonderfully I know that > many instruments can go up in value. It also
depends on the market.

Ah, as of the 70s, I think, the quality began to diminish somewhat, and
while they're still a great guitar, the older ones are much sought after
because they're just better.

> I know when I bought my grand piano in 1983 the market went flat after
that, so even in the mid-90s it > was still just worth what I'd paid for it
(not cheap, though!) rather than increasing in value as they > had prior to
that. That was in my favor for my divorce, so I didn't mind at the time.
> :-) However, I haven't even checked on its value now.

Mason & Hamlin, right? I've looked at their prices. Keep those insurance
docs up to date on that one :)

> Quit distracting me with all this fun music stuff! <grin> Well, don't, but
I've got a deadline to
> meet. :-) More after the workday is over....

Did I tell you about James Taylor's upcoming concert with the Boston
Symphony Orchestra on July 17? Worth a trip to Boston, right?

Hope you weren't, like, distracted or anything.

joel