[thechat] MIB

Norman Bunn norman.bunn at craftedsolutions.com
Tue May 14 14:39:00 CDT 2002

Just finished adding three large bookshelves to my house and have broken
out all my paperbacks and Science Fiction Book Club hardbacks from the late
60s.  I have decided to read one of each author's work for starters.  It's
been fun so far.  Some of the books have been very good, some very bad.  I
am now reading what looks like trash, but has sparked something of
interest.  The book is "Menace of the Saucers" by Eando Binder (1969).  Ok,
the title is a bit hokey and the plot line is not the greatest, but the
interesting thing is the mention of the Men In Black.  A quick review using
Google turns up a supposed 1953 report about Men In Black.  And then there
is another book by Gary Bauer, "They Knew Too Much About Flying Saucers"
(1956), which is claimed to have invented the MIB  Can anyone find anything
earlier?

Norman