[thechat] More stuff I stole from Wired magazine

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Tue May 14 16:40:00 CDT 2002

Hi Dean,

Doh! Forgot that one about the number of moves.

Wow!  Cool about being in the nationals!  My school was in the same city league as the school that won the US national title about 10 years in a row or something - not that we had much of a chance anyway!

Eeek.  Forgot about the speed games too!  You ever play what we called "bunk-house" chess?  You play two games at the same time (partners or singly) - white on one board, black on the other - two clocks, set for 2 minutes per player ... for your turn you can either move, or (if you are playing white on board 1) place any white piece captured on board 2 on any open square on board 1?  It gets pretty hilarious - especially when playing partners!

RonL.
(I played in exactly one tournament - a very long time ago.  Did better that I should have.)