[thechat] Ep II (no spoilers)

Sean ethanol at mathlab.sunysb.edu
Thu May 16 18:11:00 CDT 2002

Howdy,

I'll allow it's possible for Jar Jar as a character or his race to tie
in with the Jedi and the empire and all that, but how does his
step-n-fetch-it Ebonics make sense?

I tuned in to TPM on Fox the other night for about 45 seconds; between
the no-tickee-no-shirtee Charlie Chan ambassadors and Jar 'Amos and
Andy' Jar, I decided to wait until ATOC is on t.v.

Yes, Jedi had ewoks for the kids, but they didn't march around singing,
"we represent the lollipop guild."

Sean G.