[thechat] Star Wars 2 - Mr. Cranky style

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Fri May 17 11:37:00 CDT 2002

Garrett Coakley wrote:

> On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 05:20:52PM +0500, webguru at vsnl.net wrote:
>
>>What can I tell from reading these reviews? That you canna trust movie
>>critics.
>
> "Regard art critics as useless and dangerous."
> 			Manifesto of the Futurist Painters
> 			http://www.unknown.nu/futurism/painters.html
>

> (with a nod to the Manic Street Preachers for highlighting that particular
> nugget of wisdom *:)

That's silly. The lesson is actually "you can't do a survey of opinion
to find out what you will think" -- even of reviewers.

The critical thing is to find reviewers who are fun or entertaining to
read, and watch for where they stand on movies you like/don't like --
then based on that you can better judge where their thumb is pointing
(or where it's stuck).

In a sense what's the chat but a whole bunch of critics? We chatter and
natter on about all and sundry, and in the end gain in the experience.

Me, I'm seeing Episode II tonight - I'm hopeful. So we shall see.

And things are better - still alone, Jenny gone - but I have an
appointment with a counselor today and family and friends have been very
supportive.

Mucho love to thechat,

	Joe <http://artlung.com/blog/>