[thechat] Zope on a Rope (or shoestring)

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Fri May 17 13:07:01 CDT 2002

Luther, Ron wrote:
<snip>
> (I think it's more fun when the math folks 'reuse' everyday words.  We end up considering things like an "irregular space". Sounds unpleasant!)

I've always appreciated the seemingly contradictory phrases like
"bounded but infinite".

A set which is unbounded is definitely infinite.
A set which is finite is definitely bounded.
A set which is bounded may be either finite or infinite.

Took a bit before I wrapped my head around that concept.  And then when
I found out that the Universe is bounded but infinite, it was really weird.

Judah