[thechat] Ep II (no spoilers) (well, some later on, but with spoiler space)

Garrett Coakley garrett at polytechnic.co.uk
Fri May 17 13:29:01 CDT 2002

On Fri, 17 May 2002 04:38:55 +0100 "William Anderson" <neuro at well.com>
wrote:

> It's like deciding not to go and see The Empire Strikes Back, because
> you saw the Star Wars Holiday Special.

1st commandment of being a Star Wars fan:

	Thoult shall not mention the Holiday Special.

> I MUST comment on the following for those who have seen it (and please
> respect the spoiler space if you feel the need to reply) ...

Duly respected.....

...not yet.....

> Slave-1 - seriously ubercool!

The concussion mines were amazing. We were in a cinema with a *really*
good sound system, I jumped when the first one went off.

> Mace Windu's purple lightsaber

He had one of the best lines of the film.

	"This party is over"

> Yoda's l33t j3d1 5k1ll5 - superb!

Everyone started cheering when he pulled his cloak back to reveal the
butt of his light-saber. And that noise he was making!! Reminded me of
Taz.

> The constant original trilogy references - cute!

Obi-Wan "I've a feeling that boy will be the death of me"

Gotta give kudos to John Williams as well. The score was spot on.
Especially the little moments when the Imperial March crept in after
Anakin had slaughtered the Tuskan Raiders (and Hayden Christiansan(sp)
was superb), totally creepy. And how weird was it seeing the Lars
dwelling again, with the retro 70's equipment in the garage.

I'm going back tomorrow *:)

G.