[thechat] Ep II (no spoilers) (well, some later on, but with spoiler space)

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Fri May 17 14:32:01 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Garrett Coakley" <garrett at polytechnic.co.uk>
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2002 7:27 PM
Subject: Re: [thechat] Ep II (no spoilers) (well, some later on, but with
spoiler space)

> On Fri, 17 May 2002 04:38:55 +0100 "William Anderson" <neuro at well.com>
> wrote:
>
> > It's like deciding not to go and see The Empire Strikes Back, because
> > you saw the Star Wars Holiday Special.
>
> 1st commandment of being a Star Wars fan:
>
> Thoult shall not mention the Holiday Special.

But you just did too ;)

> > I MUST comment on the following for those who have seen it (and please
> > respect the spoiler space if you feel the need to reply) ...
>

> Duly respected.....

> ...not yet.....

> > Slave-1 - seriously ubercool!
>
> The concussion mines were amazing. We were in a cinema with a *really*
> good sound system, I jumped when the first one went off.

Oh totally - I was amazed to feel the floor seriously rumble when the first
one went off ... god bless Dolby Digital EX ...

> > Mace Windu's purple lightsaber
>
> He had one of the best lines of the film.
>
> "This party is over"

Samuel L. Jackson has totally settled into that role - you can just tell how
much he enjoys it.  I still don't know how to take his reaction immediately
after he killed Jango tho.

> > Yoda's l33t j3d1 5k1ll5 - superb!
>
> Everyone started cheering when he pulled his cloak back to reveal the
> butt of his light-saber. And that noise he was making!! Reminded me of
> Taz.

EVERYONE i was with was expecting a Matrix reference with Yoda gesturing to
Dooku to 'come and have a go' ;)  But it wasn't to be ...

> > The constant original trilogy references - cute!
>
> Obi-Wan "I've a feeling that boy will be the death of me"

There was a roar of laughter when that one was said!

> Gotta give kudos to John Williams as well. The score was spot on.
> Especially the little moments when the Imperial March crept in after
> Anakin had slaughtered the Tuskan Raiders (and Hayden Christiansan(sp)
> was superb), totally creepy. And how weird was it seeing the Lars
> dwelling again, with the retro 70's equipment in the garage.

<waynesworld2 chara="Del Preston"> "Did you not find the Imperial March
theme playing while Anakin got a bit upset about killing the Tusken Raiders
... a bit gratuitous?" "This may be the reason Anakin cannot be killed by
conventional weapons." </waynesworld2>

> I'm going back tomorrow *:)

It's like an addiction, isn't it?  In this day of DVDs and instant replay
and extras, you always end up going back to see supercool movies when
they're showing at the cinema.  I saw The Matrix three times, Phantom Menace
twice and LOTR three times.  Ridiculous, isn't it, how we easily get
suckered out of our cash ... but I'm still going to see it again tomorrow
morning :)

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'