[thechat] Zope on a Rope (or shoestring)

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Fri May 17 15:47:01 CDT 2002

Yeah ... I grok.

My 2nd ex used to take it pretty badly when I would talk to the kids about different sized infinities. [countable vs uncountable]  Of course, the phrases "countably infinite" and "uncountably infinite" *do* sound rather odd, don't they?

How about we start a thread on 'favorite (or really sick) math jokes'?

(1)
student - "Why can't I have a beer while I work on my Calculus homework?"

Prof - "Because it's not safe to drink and derive!"

(2)
Q - What's purple and commutes?

RonL.
(scroll down for answer)