[thechat] the new Star Wars :-)

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Sat May 18 03:11:01 CDT 2002

At 12:52 AM 5/18/2002, you typed:

>Shirley,
>
> > Just got back from the latest Star Wars. Great
> > movie. Amazing effects.
>
>It was great, wasn't it! I, actually, was a bit afraid that the love
>story would dominate too much (I got that impression from one of the
>trailers), but I'm totally satisfied with the movie now. Absolutely
>fabulous!

Yes, I thought that part was good, too. Anakin was rather good looking,
IMO, which I enjoyed just fine. ;-)

>There was a nice balance between everything - the big story (which was
>GREAT), the love part, the fighting and everything else. It also
>answered quite a few questions that arose from the older episodes.

Yes, indeed. My son also pointed out a few tidbits that end up being points
in the "future" episodes, too.

I'm still laughing about Yoda. I enjoyed various scenes immensely (I won't
say what for those who haven't seen it yet and who will be going). Lots to
that little wise character.... ;-)

>I sincerely look forward to the next episode, which should wrap
>everything up.

Me, too!

> > Now I want to go rent the first two, then watch this new one
> > again, and then rent 4, 5, 6..... in order for once.
>
>I had a similar idea after the movie, but mine was more along the lines
>of: "gather a bunch Star Wars fans, and organize all of the episodes to
>be shown on one of the screens in the cinema (they probably should be
>shown in the order that they were made... or I don't know, maybe in the
>correct order... we'll see)." I will try to get that going after all of
>the episodes are out.

That would be terrific..... maybe make it a weekend adventure. (I was
thinking of one or two each night at home from Blockbuster, but seeing them
on the big screen would be far better!)

>Coming back to Episode II -- everybody, go see it, it's great.
>
>p.s. Shirley, did you witness something odd when going to see the movie?
>I noticed security measures (come on, security measures in a cinema!).

No, we didn't here. But I'm also not surprised to hear that, as we have had
increased security on and off, though, since the September 11th attacks.
There are guards at the doors and more people walking around with walkie
talkies but we didn't have our bags checked.

>That was very weird -- each bag was checked for cameras and each of the
>tickets was registered with a PDA when going to your seat. Is Mr. Lucas
>behind all that?

Wow! That's far more than I've seen here at any of the theaters so far. I'm
not sure what that's about except for extra security measures. Where are
you? I'm in northern California (Sacramento).

Were there reserved seats? We just had tickets and first-come first-serve
seating here. We went to the 6:15pm show here, which was a good one for not
too many crowds. They were lined up around the building when we left around
9pm.

Warmly,
Shirley

Shirley E. Kaiser, M.A.,  SKDesigns  mailto:skaiser1 at skdesigns.com