[thechat] Doom

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Sat May 18 09:21:00 CDT 2002

The recent thread about UT has prompted me to ask you gamers for some
advice. I have never been that interested in PC games because my first
computer was really slow. I once saw a demo of Aliens vs Predator and fell
in love with it, and promised myself a copy when I had a machine that would
be able to do the graphics justice. When that time came, I soon realised
that I was absolutely awful at playing the game. My lovely wife suggested
this was because I had jumped in at the deep end and didn't really
understand what I was supposed to be doing. She thought that if I started on
an older game that was a lot less complex I would have more of a feel for A
vs P, so she bought me the 3 Doom games which I thoroughly enjoyed playing
and I feel a great emptiness now that I have finished them all (but I am
loads better at A vs P).
So, my question is, can anyone suggest another game for me to get that
requires problem solving and shooting lots of things? In the meantime, my
favourite on-line game at the moment is Crazy Golf at
http://www.fhmus.com/images/reporter/slacker/miniputt.swf . My record score
is 35 if anyone wants something to aim for.

Cheers

Kevin Stevens
kjs at ratking.co.uk