[thechat] Why I love spam - CNET.com

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sat May 18 11:47:01 CDT 2002

On Friday, May 17, 2002, at 07:23  pm, Madhu Menon wrote:

> http://news.com.com/2010-1076-915523.html
>
> CNET, my former employer, must be having trouble finding good writers.
> This
> article reads like an April Fool's joke, except that it's the middle of
> May. This guy makes a case for spam!

Trolling for CPM ad impressions.

I can't think of anyone in the Direct Marketing industry who actually
believes that
> Mailers run their list through the DMA and matches are culled for each
> person from that list.
applies generally (particularly outwith the EU and countries with an
equivalent level of data protection legislation). Anyone responsible
enough to be doing this is doing opt-in anyway.

> and you can forward all your spam to BDennis410 at AOL.com

I'm pretty sure that I could get Spambouncer (actually any Procmail spam
filter) to redirect all my spam to BDennis410 at AOL.com (yes, spambots,
that's BDennis410 at AOL.com)

Cheers
Martin
   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,