[thechat] I am going nuts

George Dillon <> Chat! thechat at georgedillon.com
Sun May 19 11:55:00 CDT 2002

> I am really embarassed about asking this but...
> There is this stunning woman that I work with.
> We pass each other ... whiff of her perfume and,
> man, her hair... I am basically too timid to...
> Should I just forget about her and assume that
> some things are not meant to be?

Yes.

Some things are just not meant to be and she's obviously way out of your
league.

You clearly have absolutely no existing relationship and no basis for
establishing any with this person but are viewing her purely as a fantasy
object.  Since you don't have what it takes to honestly and
straightforwardly ask her if she's up for a session of meaningless casual
sex, the most likely outcome of any approach you might make to her will be
well-deserved humiliation.  OTOH maybe that's what you're into.

Either that or bitter resentment born of the deep disappointment when you
discover she's not some advertising-image goddess but a flawed human being.

I just hope you don't get married and waste the best years of your life
fumbling toward the realisation that you have nothing at all in common.

HTH and Good Luck!