[thechat] Donner party

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Sun May 19 15:45:01 CDT 2002

At 06:29 AM 5/19/2002, you typed:
> >I also don't live far from Donner Pass where you'll also find the gorgeous
> >mirror-like Donner Lake and the Donner Party's museum and area where
> >everything happened. It's less than 2 hours from where I live and close to
> >Lake Tahoe. It's a very beautiful area in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. I've
> >stopped at the museum a few times with friends or relatives visiting and
> >have found it interesting to see. Mostly, though, I just enjoy the
> >breathtaking scenery and being in the mountains (especially since I live in
> >the valley below them).
>
>Sounds beautiful.

It really is very beautiful.

>It's an area of the US, I've always wanted to visit, but
>so far I've only gotten as far west as Colorado - unless you count a brief
>stop over in San Francisco on the way to Hawaii.  Oh - I guess that would
>be west too, since I was going there from New Jersey <g>

Uh, yeah. <chuckle> There is much diversity and variety here in California,
from plenty of coastline and beach to snow-packed mountains, redwood
forests, desert, valleys, and everything in between all of that. I've seen
many people think of California as either a Baywatch beach or San
Francisco, but those are only 2 small areas of this very diverse state.
 From where I am in central California I like being able to drive a short
distance to the beach or drive in another direction and be able to throw
snowballs. I'm close enough to San Francisco to take in that unique city's
culture and fun activities, too. And I like where I've lived all my life
except for too many people moving here over the years and the traffic
getting nuts.... but with a home office I avoid commuting, at least. ;-)

Warmly,
Shirley

Shirley E. Kaiser, M.A.,  SKDesigns  mailto:skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Website Design, Development      http://www.skdesigns.com/