[thechat] Beardvolt and ugly nuts

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Tue May 21 22:18:01 CDT 2002

At 02:50 PM 5/21/2002, you typed:

> > > My guess is she's a
> > > really horrible person inside.
> > > Most beautiful people are!
> >
> >Oh come on now; what a mean thing to say!!
> >
> > Yes, and quite biased, generalized, and discriminatory.
> > I've known many truly beautiful people who
> > are just as beautiful or
> > even moreso on the inside.
>
>'Moreso'?... shurely shome mishtake...  Anagram perhaps?

Sorry for the typo. Should have been two words -- "more so"

>Why so much leaping to defend the beautiful people?
>
>Is everyone else round here so beautiful they got uppity?

My point had nothing to do with defending beautiful people. My point was
and is that I don't agree with stereotyping, judging others by their looks,
skin color, race, gender. I do NOT agree with lumping people into a
category as you did with your comment:

Tue, 21 May 2002 10:43:55 +0100

Now come out of your cave, go and get a shave and get that girl and report
back to us what she's really like when you find out!  My guess is she's a
really horrible person inside.  Most beautiful people are!
<<

>Way I see it is this... appearances create expectations... high expectations
>+ average performance = relative disappointment = perception of inner
>ugliness in the outwardly beautiful.

And that's my point and where you and I disagree. I don't agree with
creating expectations like that. :-) It has nothing to do with whether it's
an expectation of someone outwardly beautiful, ugly, a certain skin color,
gender, whatever. I've seen that it ends up creating a type of bias,
potential discrimination, treating someone differently, whatever, whether
subtle or severe.

Warmly,
Shirley

Shirley E. Kaiser, M.A.,  SKDesigns  mailto:skaiser1 at skdesigns.com