[thechat] footer, can't we all just get along?

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Sat May 25 20:32:00 CDT 2002

At 06:19 PM 5/25/2002, you typed:
>there do seem to be enough
>stupid people to make up for the smart people... I mean how else would Bush
>get anywhere near elected? ;)

Jay Leno said the funniest joke in his monologue about Bush the other
night, too. I wish I could remember his exact words. It had to do with Bush
actually getting in trouble for <em>knowing</em> something since he's being
blasted for knowing about potential terrorist threats before Sept. 11th.

Regarding the rest with that tagline in the footer, I didn't think it was
too cool for evolt.org's footer. I'm an American and I understand the
humor, but I do think we ought to be sensitive about using degrading humor
like that in evolt.org's footer, whether it's about Americans or other
countries.

Warmly,
Shirley

Shirley E. Kaiser, M.A.,  SKDesigns  mailto:skaiser1 at skdesigns.com