[thechat] teeth

David Wagner dave at worlddomination.net
Mon May 27 23:23:01 CDT 2002

Chris Spruck wrote:

>>my teeth itch.
>
> Do aardvarks brush and floss or do the claws get in the way?

Naturally, upon reading this, I had to wonder if aardvarks have teeth at
all. They do, but not terribly conventional:

"The most unique feature of the aardvark is its teeth, which in adults
are found only in the back of the jaw. The actual teeth are not anchored
in the jaw and grow continuously throughout the animal's lifetime.
Instead of being covered with enamel, these teeth have only a layer of
cement."

 From http://www.ultimateungulate.com/aardvark.html (which once again
makes me proud of the web and its accomplishments).

"Hey hey!... It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
   - Murphy, "Sealab 2021"

--

David Wagner
dave at worlddomination.net