[thechat] Brazil to win world cup, England out in the 2nd round.

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Fri May 31 12:23:00 CDT 2002

unganisha at hazard0us.org wrote:
> Looks like some of it might be coming true, now that the senegal lions have
> beaten the french ...
> some blokes in my office have actually taken a months vacation to watch the
> world cup (most of the games start at aroudn 1 o'clock in the afternoon
> local time here).    Most of my friends are big football fans (i am not a
> particularly big fan), so i'll have to endure some daytime drunks.

You Europeans have it easy.  I'm PST (GMT -8:00)so most of live matches
are on about 4 am.  France vs. Senegal was on at 4:30 am this morning so
I didn't get to watch.  Fortunately, the two games I'm most interested
in early ( US vs. Portugal and Argentina vs. England) are both on at 8
am my time so I'll be able to watch them live.  I have to buy video
tapes today, speaking of such things.  Alas, no Tivo.

Ireland vs. Cameroon tomorrow at 12:30 pm for me!  Woohoo!  Play soccer
in the morning, watch soccer and drink beer with my african friends in
the afternoon, and go to a bachelor party that evening.  Tomorrow will
be a good day.

Judah