[thechat] np: Robin Trower - Too Rolling Stoned

deke web at master.gen.in.us
Wed Jun 5 05:41:04 CDT 2002

On 5 Jun 2002 at 0:04, dave mclean posted a message which said:

> On 2002.06.04 06:29, rudy wrote:
> > question:  what is the generally accepted term for that tingle you get
> > running up and down your spine

> I generally call it goosebumps.

Goosebumps are actually *bumps* on your skin. The skin has drawn tight,
and the bumps are where the hair follicles are.

"Shivers" or "chillblains" comes closer to that tingle, although they
aren't quite right. My first wife said that tingle was someone "walking
on your grave", but I don't know how widespread that is. Googling, I
find that it's the name of a song, which makes it hard to google for
non-song references.

deke

--
  Do gravediggers qualify for "cost of living" raises?