[thechat] Whoo-hoo! 10.1.5

Bob Davis bobdavis at mac.com
Wed Jun 5 10:48:00 CDT 2002

On 6/5/02 9:58 AM, "martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com"
<martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com> wrote:

> Memo from Martin P Burns of PricewaterhouseCoopers
>
> -------------------- Start of message text --------------------
>
> Much more stable and reliable Mail.app, Sherlock and IE, better/faster
> WebDAV, improved device support, additional Asian language support.

WebDAV is actually good now (whereas before iDisk pretty much sucked). It's
just as fast as SMB mounted Windows shares.

IE scrolls faster, which is nice.

Text smoothing in Office X is very cool.

Don't know about Mail though - I don't use it. I might again after Jaguar
though.

bob

> http://www.macslash.org/articles/02/06/05/0345235.shtml
>
> Something to download tonight while perusing my (hopefully arrived at home
> while I've been at the office) copy of Learning Unix on MacOSX (the new
> O'Reilly)

It'll be interesting to see what that book is all about. I'm comfortable
with Unix, but not a pro.  I have the Unix in a Nutshell book (actually, the
whole bookshelf CD thing - 5 nutshell books on  a cd is pretty cool) and I
like that.

bob